Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Steward Health Care System
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters per year. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in alta and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
As a Biller, you will process billing charges and claims with the goal of account accuracy and customer satisfaction with every encounter. A successful Biller works to facilitate resolution of claims through attention to detail, problem solving initiative and a dedication to provide efficient service for our patients.
- Posts charges into billing system within 24-48 hours and completes other billing functions under direction of supervisor
- Identifies possible billing errors that might prevent the claim from being processed on the insurance company level
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel and Word documents/ spreadsheets
- Demonstrate a basic working knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid processes
- Understands the importance of verification of patient coverage and demographic information
- Draws conclusions and corrects billing errors or other claim issues.
- Contributes to improvement of billing procedures and processes
- Escalates problem claims to management as required by circumstances
- Communicate effectively with clinic/administrative personnel, assigned coder and CLT-Team
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Demonstrated basic experience with medical billing, CPT and ICD-10 and HCPCS codes
- One or more years billing or coding experience preferably in the medical field, insurance, banking, hospital medical office or other experience with extensive customer service contact.
- Demonstrated experience with NextGen or McKesson error correction software
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, insurance billing and reimbursement, and coding