Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Steward Health Care System
We believe our people are our strength and we take our employees’ health seriously. From medical coverage and life insurance to retirement plans, paid time off and much more, Steward Health Care provides you with a variety of benefits to address your unique needs.
Health & Wellness
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Retirement & Savings
- Tuition Reimbursements
- Loan Repayment
Work & Life Balance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Low cost parking
- Up to 20% employee discount-Gift shop, onsite Café and Cafeteria
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Assistant Controller, Director of Financial Services (Reimbursement), Manager (Productivity and Med Fees) and indirectly, remaining accounting personnel associated with above.
Under the general supervision of the CFO, the Controller is responsible for the activities of the Accounting Department. Develops and/or implements policies and procedures related to the area of responsibility and recommends policy changes to administration; interviews, hires and trains new employees and assigns staff to various work functions. Responsible for financial reporting, cash management, accounts payable, payroll, month end close processes including inter-company; general ledger reconciliations, fixed assets, internal and external reporting, and special projects as directed by the CFO.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently supports and communicates the Mission, Vision and Values of St. Joseph Medical Center.
- Follows the St. Joseph Medical Center Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Promotes a culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
- Protecting the assets of St Joseph Medical Center.
- Accurate financial reporting through the month end close process.
- Reporting to Internal Administrative and Corporate inquiries, as well as external audits and governmental reporting.
- Facilitating facility wide information processing and data collection.
- Assist CFO with any other designated duties.
- Supportive of the compliance program set forth by SJMC and demonstrated by:
- Upholds the Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance.
- Adheres to dealing appropriately and fairly with employee misconduct.
- Enforces all compliance policies as they pertain to his/her area.
- Provides and assures timely compliance education as requested by the Compliance Officer and/or through corporate initiatives.
- Sets an example to all staff in their daily activities.
- Supports, reviews, and understands DNVcompliance activities and expectations. Ensures departmental compliance with DNV standards.
- Monthly and quarterly reporting of Internal Control Checklist and Quarterly reporting of Sarbanes Oxley key Controls.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Five to seven years experience in accounting. Supervisory skills required and hospital experience
preferred or experience in Public Accounting.
- CPA preferred – may be waived based on hospital experience.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting.
- Technical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to area in order to effectively communicate with physicians, health team members, patients and families.
- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, in order to independently carry out the duties of the position.
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.