Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Financial Analyst
at Steward Health Care System
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The Sr Financial Analyst is responsible for creating, analyzing and maintaining multiple cost center financials to support overhead and overall performance. The optimal candidate for this role is a deadline-oriented person who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. The Sr Financial Analyst is a key member of SMG's corporate team, and is a significant contributor to achieving all of its financial performance goals.
- Own financials for all of the MSO (overhead departments).
- Produce accurate and timely financial reports and analysis, meeting organizational and departmental deadlines.
- Participate in monthly financial performance review with department leaders; possess clear and effective communication skills.
- Develop financial models for productivity, compensation, and expense management control.
- Partner with cost center owners to create annual operating budgets, exercise critical thinking in identifying variances to plan and determining solutions to those variances.
- Gather, understand, and document user requirements to create and maintain business intelligence reports.
- Analyze, design, test, and deliver quality reports for end users.
- Maintain system processes by writing and updating documentation.
- Provide reporting and system support for end user requests.
- Monitor project process by tracking activity, recommending solutions and resolving problems.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Respond to emails and phone messages in a timely manner.
- Use tact, sensitivity and professionalism in communicating effectively and respectfully with the leadership team, physicians, co-workers and others.
- Possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Maintain confidentiality of restricted records and communications.
- Maintain the values and philosophy of the mission statement of the company.
- Perform other duties as required for this job
- Strong analytical, trouble-shooting and communication skills are required.
- Strong understanding of financial concepts, with modeling experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Management.
- 5-7 years’ work experience; healthcare experience preferred but not required.
- Experience working with and analyzing budget variances.
- Advanced user experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Other Microsoft application experience is a plus.