Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Financial Analyst
at Steward Health Care System
Position Purpose: Working under the direction of the FP&A Manager, the Senior Financial Analyst develops and maintains financial and analytical reports to assist with budget performance and variance analysis, administrative cost analysis and optimization, projections and operational reporting/modeling.
This position is also involved in the identification and resolution of financial and operational inefficiencies.
- Develop analysis in partnership with local and corporate accounting teams and with operational department owners.
- Provides support by researching and preparing analysis and explanations for management review.
- Derive, develop, and enhance operational reports to improve accuracy and speed for periodic updating.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve the quality of data and analyses.
- Develops reports and compiles data for ad hoc requests.
- Derive, develop, and enhance methodologies to improve forecasting accuracy.
- Perform financial modeling for existing and new opportunities.
- Timely and concise communication regarding ad hoc data requests.
- Assist on special projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalent obtained at a four-year college or university in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
Years of Experience:
- At least three (3) years’ experience in financial analysis. Experience in the healthcare industry is helpful but not required.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel and experienced with the suite of Office software. Experience in mid-size to large accounting and financial reporting systems.