Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Steward Health Care System
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Under direction of the Accounting Supervisor, the Staff Accountant is a significant contributor to the month end close process, various financial reporting needs, balance sheet reconciliations, expense level processing, and accounting related projects.
- Assist the Accounting team with the monthly close process within specified deadlines to include journal entries, expense level processing, and account level and financial statement analysis.
- Act as staff lead for SMG’s portfolio of real estate leases, inclusive of recurring rent payment set-up and annual rent adjustments per the terms of each rental agreement
- Maintain a current warehouse of operating leases ensuring all terms are identified and reconciled where necessary
- Complete monthly reconciliations of SMG prepaid and accrued expense reconciliations around our real estate related accounts, including rent, property tax, utilities expense, etc.
- Assist in the facilitation of year-end audit work papers
- Prepares and analyzes all related journal entries
- Monitors, reconciles, and tracks provider CME requests for timely approval and processing. Communicates and resolves any issues concerning CME payments.
- Contribute to Accounting related special projects, including the new lease accounting standard (ASC 842)
- Prepares third party invoices, as needed.
- Provide for maintenance of confidentiality of patient records and communications, where applicable
- Maintains the values and philosophy of the mission statement of the company.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience, preferably in a financial/accounting environment.
- Prior experience in health care is helpful but certainly not required.
- Excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills required.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and meet established deadlines.
- Must possess strong analytical skills. Strong Microsoft Office suite skills, especially word, excel, powerpoint, etc.