Steward Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Steward Medical Group
Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, professional Accounting Supervisor with a positive attitude, along with the ability to work both independently and on a team in a fast paced environment! The successful candidate will:
- Accurate and timely prepare the monthly close entries along with internal presentation of results through final month-end close.
- Perform other basic accounting functions when needed: cash receipts/deposits, bank reconciliations, etc. Cross-trained in all other finance team positions, including payroll preparation, processing & related journal entries.
- Participate in monthly financial reviews with senior leadership.
- Manage budget preparation schedules and participates in annual company-wide budget preparation process to include budget entry, analysis and reporting and training, when needed.
- Prepare and distribute appropriate financial statements and reports. Maintain source documents and other supporting financial records.
- Independently initiate and manage projects.
- Approve vendor payments in OnBase accounts payable system. Assist with vendor queries through payment resolution.
- Supervise Finance team members including staff development, scheduling, recruitment, corrective action, etc. Coordinate delegation of duties to Finance staff to ensure department functions are completed timely and accurately.
- Train and regularly work with various systems, developing expertise in system reporting in: Athena, Anodyne, Meditech, OnBase and Steward budget system.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required for this position, or an equivalent work experience in the medical practice financial accounting field of at least 5 years and supervisory experience of at least 2 years.
- This position requires a demonstrated advanced level working knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, experience with Kaufman Hall Budget Advisor (Axiom), Athena, Anodyne, Meditech, QuickBooks, Kronos, Word, Power Point and Outlook a plus.
- Individual must have the ability to:
- Construct, organize and interpret data and communicate solutions, trends and/or recommendations in a meaningful way while ensuring accurate, timely results.
- Consistently maintain a positive outlook and attitude and provides excellent customer service, ensuring various methods of communication are professional, clear and concise.
- Balance priorities and multiple requests in a high-volume environment with regularly established and often short deadlines
- Work independently or with others