Steward Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Billing Project Coordinator
at Steward Medical Group
Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for a dedicated professional Medical Billing Project Coordinator for our Billing Dept. The successful candidate will:
- Maintain a strong knowledge of insurance contracts and reimbursement rules.
- Respond to inquires from patients/third-party payers and staff; researches problems, and offers creative and effective solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns that arise.
- Recognize the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Maintain expanded knowledge of all insurance payers such as Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial and Non-commercial carriers; verify patient eligibility, adjust and submit claims as necessary.
- Stay current with changes in governmental reporting requirements.
- Consistently contact and respond to third party organizations and/or patients.
- Research payer specific billing/reimbursement issues, summarizing and making recommendations to the supervisor/management team.
- Perform analytical and decision making functions. Serve as a resource for billing and reimbursement issues.
- Use electronic means to enhance revenue cycle functions such as third party websites, electronic filing of claims and software programs.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- High school diploma required with previous billing and collections experience.
- Associates degree preferred.