Steward Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Financial Business Analyst
at Steward Medical Group
Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated, professional Financial Analyst with a positive attitude, along with the ability to work both independently and on a team in a fast paced environment! The successful candidate will:‹‹‹‹‹‹
- Obtain, researche and analyze financial and utilization data for internal and external needs
- Create, organize and maintain files using database and spreadsheet programs.
- Collect, retrieve and organize data to analyze, identify or forecast financial discrepancies and trends, resolve internal or external inquiries and recommend improved practices.
- Retrieve, organize and maintain data in effective reporting formats.
- Present reports in user friendly format and educate users on Analyst-determined reasons or findings for conclusions.
- Ad hoc reporting for parties such as department managers at HMA or PCHI
- Implement supervisor approved action plans, reports and recommendations.
- Cross-train on all other Finance Department specific software to assist with occasional cross-coverage duties within the Finance Department.
- Able to operate and understand billing office software reporting functions to generate needed financial and statistical information
- Maintains highest level of confidentiality of information.
- Maintain occupancy allocation schedules on a timely basis for all HMA sites and update related expense allocation schedules
- Provide expense and reimbursement approvals.
- Provide comparison of capital vs. lease options, or multiple purchase options to determine best pricing.
- Compile presentations as needed for Finance Department meetings.
- Journal entry preparation and entry to QuickBooks, as needed.
- Compile and prepare annual sales tax return information. Monthly identification and summary of PCHI invoices for PCHI sales tax return preparation.
- Assist in company-wide annual budget preparation and budget data entry
- Administrative tasks, as needed.
- A minimum of an Associates’ degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance is required for this position.
- 1 to 3 years of work experience in the financial accounting field, preferably in a health care environment and/or relevant financial data analysis field.
Skills and Abilities Required:
This position requires computer proficiency, including a demonstrated expert level working knowledge in Microsoft Office Excel. Working knowledge of QuickBooks, Sage (Intergy), PeopleSoft, Paychex, Ceridian, Kronos, MS Word and Power Point helpful.
- Have a demonstrated ability to construct, organize, interpret data, communicate findings and recommendations in a meaningful way
- Have strong analytical and communication skills
- Be service orientated both within HMA and to external parties
- Be able to function independently in a fast-paced, high volume, changing environment often with critical deadlines
- Be able to work independently and with minimal instruction to accomplish necessary tasks
- Be able to address and resolve issues
- Develop timelines, effectiveness at job functions and consistently meet deadlines.