Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Design Strategist
at Taylor Design
As a Senior Design Strategist you’re passionate about the design process and on a mission to uncover needs and behaviors, with the view to inform and inspire the development of smart, human-centered design solutions for the built environment. You’re able to see patterns in chaos and dig deep to uncover unexpected insights. You have a firm grasp of how content, brand, and design work together to create an optimal end-user experience. You’re up to date with the latest research methods and have experience applying them. You see the big picture, and have facility working with stakeholders to understand the broader business strategy that informs the solution. You thrive amid different perspectives and collaborate fluidly with cross-functional teams. Finally, you’re able to mentor early-career peers, coaching a design thinking approach.
- Be a champion for Taylor Design’s core values by demonstrating humble confidence, a curious mind and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Lead the writing and development of highest-quality end products such as integrated client presentations
- Partner with the Design Strategy Service Leader to identify and pursue opportunities to grow current and new client relationships
- Partner with project leaders to develop proposals, marketing materials, and articulate scopes of work.
- Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, or Architecture.
- Examples of your research outputs, showcasing broad professional experience, application of research methodologies, and diverse deliverables
- Experience working on complex, time-sensitive projects with multidisciplinary teams across complex organizations
- Comfort navigating senior stakeholder groups
- Strong visualization skills, including being a great communicator and presenter
- Robust understanding and demonstration of human-centered design principles
- Ability to embrace the unknown and inspire new ways of thinking
- Availability for domestic travel
- Create high-quality research deliverables, including robust research plans, field tools, insight reports, journey maps, service blueprints, process flows, storyboards, design guidelines and more
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team and support all stages of the design process, from early problem definition and design research through to concept visualization
- Lead client meetings and co-creation workshops to capture business requirements and explore end-user experience challenges
- Respond creatively to bid requests, scope projects, and help win new work
- Be an ambassador for design thinking, innovation, and human-centered design
- Confidently lead and support multiple projects and client engagements simultaneously
- Mentor and manage junior team members (often in different fields, notably interior design and architecture)
Taylor Design values vision and creativity in the leading of people, and identifying and implementing strategy. The ideal candidate will possess strong conceptual thinking abilities, the aptitude to create inspiring form and embrace sound business and design strategies as applied to projects. A service orientation and a willingness to foster a respectful, innovative, and stimulating environment is highly valued, as would holding a respected place in the broader design community.
We offer a competitive employee benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Holiday pay
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and voluntary Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Education Allowance
- Professional Development Training
If this position sounds like it may be the right move for you and your career path, please send your resume to HR@WeAreTaylor.com.
Taylor Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply