Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Financial Systems Manager
at Taylor Morrison
Job Description SummaryAs an IT Financial Systems Manager working for Taylor Morrison you will provide business and application support for our ERP financial systems to ensure business solutions support the finance organization and overall company goals and objectives. This role serves as a manager as well as a subject matter expert for the ERP financial systems and will provide recommendations to improve and streamline business processes. The IT Financial Systems Manager will need to have a basic understanding of ERP systems and a strong understanding of accounting financial processes. This role will have the ability to gather and assess business requirements and assist with translating them into optimal solutions; perform gap analysis and solution design; plan, execute and lead projects in conjunction with internal customers, provide end user application support and assist in end-user training and development of associated documentation; as well as plan and manage change management procedures for functional enhancements and ERP release upgrades.
The IT Financial Systems Manager will support the month end close process; assist with the planning and budgeting processes and will oversee the maintenance of the ERP master file data. The IT Financial Systems Manager must possess strong organizational skills and can manage and lead a team of business analysts as well as work independently and understand the complete accounting life cycle process.
We trust that as an IT Financial Systems Manager you will: (responsibilities)
- Manage all aspects of the ERP financial processes including master file data management
- Work with Corporate and Division finance teams to support the month-end and year end close processes
- Plan and manage change management procedures for functional enhancements and application release upgrades
- Recommend and implement best practices for ERP financial processes across the business
- Facilitate meetings with business and leadership teams to determine goals and objectives for planning programs and projects to meet those objectives
- Ability to use creative solutions to resolve issues and challenge the norm
- Mentor and develop team for increased knowledge and growth in support of the business
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Developing Direct Reports and Others
- Drive for Results
- Priority Setting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Project Management, or related industry experience
- Strong communication and written skills
- Ability to work with all levels of project teams from leadership to daily end user
- 3-5+ years of functional accounting or finance experience and business acumen
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously
- Familiarity with ERP systems and financial consolidation and reporting tools
- Ability to work in a team environment and oversee a team of analysts
- Ability to manage requirements gathering sessions and prepare clear and concise documentation to internal or external development team members
- Create and maintain related training schedule, courses, and documentation relevant to business
- CPA Certification
- Prior role as a Controller or Financial Analyst
- 10 years of experience
- 1-2 years’ experience managing teams of 2 or more direct reports
- Manage external vendors to successful delivery of project deliverables
- Manage and track related project costs
FLSA Status: Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- Interviewing, selecting, and training employees
- Setting rates of pay and hours of work
- Appraising productivity; handling employee grievances or complaints, or disciplining employees
- Determining work techniques
- Planning the work
- Apportioning work among employees
- Determining the types of equipment to be used in performing work, or materials needed
- Planning budgets for work
- Monitoring work for legal or regulatory compliance
- Providing for safety and security of the workplace
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
* Ability to oversee direct reports daily and provide guidance as needed
* Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
* Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
* Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
* Ability to operate a motor vehicle
* Comply with company policies and procedure
* Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
* The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.