Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Taylor Morrison
Job Description SummaryAs an Underwriter I working for Taylor Morrison you will be responsible for the thorough review of in-house loans and pre-submission reviews of externally underwritten loans and ensuring that all loans are underwritten according to agency and investor guidelines. Promotes excellent customer service and related activities, and works with Management, Loan Consultants, Client Coordinators and Closers.
We trust that as an Underwriter I you will: (responsibilities)
- Responsible for determining and issuing the credit decision of conventional, conforming & super-conforming, high-balance mortgage loan applications (up to a maximum loan amount of $424,100 or regional conforming loan limits) according to agency and lender guidelines
- Assess the borrower(s) ability to repay, including validation of the borrower(s) employment, income, credit, assets and collateral as well as clearing any applicable underwriting conditions
- Complete reviews of loans that will be underwritten as a prior-approved loans with the company’s investors and providing feedback to Client Coordinators and Loan Consultants
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all agency and investor underwriting guidelines and credit overlays
- Provides high quality customer service, including underwriting to the companies service level expectations
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Customer Focused
- High Energy Level
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 5 years Level 3 processing experience
- Must have a thorough and comprehensive understanding of all FNMA and FHLMC underwriting guidelines and investor overlays
- Possesses working knowledge of subject matter
- Automated underwriting software required
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- This position is considered a non-exempt position for purposes of wage-hour law, which means that you will be required to keep a time record and will be eligible for overtime pay.
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.