Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Payable Coordinator
at Terros Health
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Weekly Hours
Terros Health is pleased to share an exciting and challenging opportunity for an Accounts Payable Coordinator. Reporting to the Controller, the successful individual will possess at least five years of full-life-cycle accounts payable experience, be well organized, have a sense of urgency, and have experience in a high-volume AP environment. As the AP Coordinator you will be tasked with managing all key aspects of the accounts payable process. The role builds a strong link with our vendors and service providers to ensure the timeliness of all scheduled payments.
Terros Health is a healthcare organization of caring people, guided by our core values of integrity, compassion and empowerment. For more than four decades, the heart of everything we do is inspiring change for life. We help people manage addiction and mental illness, provide primary medical care, restore families, support our veterans, and connect individuals to the care they need.
If you are interested in working for one of the State's Leading Healthcare Organizations that promotes Integrity, Compassion, and Empowerment, we encourage you to apply!
The Accounts Payable Coordinator is a key position to the overall Finance team as it directly impacts expense and cash flow management. The Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for the organization’s Accounts Payable functions. These responsibilities include invoice processing, vendor disbursements, appropriate accounting for vendor activity, expense analysis, and training and compliance with established policies and procedures as it relates to accounts payable. This position reports to the Controller.
- Assign appropriate general ledger codes to invoices.
- Ensure accounts payable documents are approved, complete and in compliance with policy prior to issuing payment.
- Enters accounts payable transactions into the accounting software.
- Ensure all check requests are supported with proper documentation (i.e., invoice, receipts, etc.) and are routed to the appropriate department director for approval.
- Reconciles check/ach payment totals to invoice control totals and batch totals. Ensures that invoice line items foot to invoice totals.
- Print checks and prepares ACH payment file for review and obtains appropriate signatures prior to payment distribution.
- Maintains check logs and monitors numbering for missing check numbers. Reports discrepancies to controller.
- Perform month and year end Accounts Payable close procedures within established timelines.
- Reconcile AP aging reports to the general ledger.
- Monitor AP Aging to ensure payments are up to date.
- Analyze vendor data and trends and assist accounting staff with journal entry accruals and reclassifications when necessary.
- Maintain prepaid expense schedules and assist accounting staff with monthly journal entries to amortize expenses.
- Reconcile employee benefit invoices to payroll expenses and withholdings. Work collaboratively with Human Resources to resolve variances.
- Determine 1099 status for vendors. Ensure that 1099 forms are accurate and submitted according to IRS established submission deadlines.
- Reconcile corporate P-Card to receipts. Investigate and notify Controller of discrepancies.
- Manage the electronic invoice processing system.
- Handle vendor complaints and resolves payables related discrepancies.
- Provide invoice processing & coding for new managers and employees.
- Assists with Accounts Payable and Disbursement policies and procedure updates.
- Implements Accounts Payable and Disbursement policies and procedures.
- Provide supporting documentation for audits.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 5+ years accounts payable experience
- Strong Familiarity with Accounts Payable processing systems
- Good understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with Great Plains Dynamics a plus
- Detail oriented ability to perform in-depth research, account analysis and reconciliation
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction
- Must have a valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card or apply for an Arizona fingerprint clearance card (Level 1) within 7 working days of assuming role
- Must have valid Arizona driver’s license, be 21 years of age with minimum 3 years driving experience and meet requirements of Terros Health’s driving policy.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies