Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Terros Health
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Weekly Hours
Terros Health is pleased to share an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Controller, working as the lead of our Accounting team in our downtown Phoenix corporate office.
Terros Health is a healthcare organization of caring people, guided by our core values of integrity, compassion and empowerment. For more than four decades, the heart of everything we do is inspiring change for life. We help people manage addiction and mental illness, provide primary medical care, restore families, support our veterans, and connect individuals to the care they need.
If you are interested in working for one of the State's Leading Healthcare Organizations that promotes Integrity, Compassion, and Empowerment, we encourage you to apply!
Terros Health offers an excellent benefit package including, but not limited to:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Group life and disability insurance
- Employer matched 401(k)
- Generous PTO/paid sick leave (4+ weeks in year 1)
- Wellness and employee assistance plan
The Controller will focus on the delivery of the financial results in line with management and key stakeholder requirements and develop the finance infrastructure and culture that delivers compliance with US GAAP financial reporting and control requirements. The Controller is a key contributor to the strategic planning process to deliver operational effectiveness, profitability and value and contribute to the development and deployment of risk management strategies to mitigate risk and safeguard the company’s assets.
Financial Reporting (GAAP Based and Regulatory)
Responsible for leading the internal and external financial reporting process and, preparing the consolidated financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Prepare annual financial statements as well as monthly / quarterly internal reports and, lead the process for determining accounting treatment over complex technical accounting issues
Provides strategic tax leadership and oversite of the Company’s tax function. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to: Sales and Property tax exemptions, 990 Filing, 5500 Filing, Escheat, Sales tax on leased premises, and Payroll Tax/Reporting
Oversees treasury functions
Accountable for developing, managing and executing the sourcing strategy for Professional Services categories (such as Marketing, Communications, Alternative Labor, Facilities, Real Estate, Consulting, HR Benefits & Services, Legal, Audit and Office Supplies)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Active CPA license required
- 10 years progressive accounting/finance experience in a healthcare environment required
- 5 years Controller experience
- Multi-site experience is a plus
- Proven track record of achievement of financial performance improvement and results
- Ability to contribute to the development of business strategy (including business expansion and acquisitions) and execution thereof
- Technically strong with an aptitude to recognize how external developments may impact the business
- Ability to make quick and clear decisions based on materiality and controls risk
- Confident and articulate communicator who can influence and persuade others
- Previous experience in developing financial controls
- Strong conceptual thinking skills with adeptness to lead others through ambiguous and/or complex issues.
- Must have a valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card (Level 1) or apply for an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card within 20 working days of employment