The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: Graceville Correctional & Rehabilitation Facility
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under direct supervision, performs standard and routine accounting activities. Work requires capabilities in basic accounting and business procedures.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs account reconciliations as directed by management: general ledger, preparation of accounting statements and financial reports.
- Operates adding machine, calculator, copy machine and other office machines.
- Operates a computer system with printer.
- Performs simple and routine accounting and bookkeeping clerical functions.
- Recognizes and compares numbers and codes on accounting documents.
- Verifies mathematical accuracy.
- Identifies discrepancies and brings them to management’s attention.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Two (2) years of clerical experience or an equivalent combination of clerical/secretarial, fiscal and accounting experience required.
- Working knowledge of office and accounting practices and procedures required.
- Working knowledge of business English, good grammar and spelling skills, and ability to develop correspondence, reports and operational directives required. Must have a proven history of exercising discretion and retaining confidentiality.