The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ACCOUNTING CLERK, FS
at The Geo Group
Facility: ROBERT A DEYTON DETENTION CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under close supervision, this position performs standard and routine accounting duties.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes all business office responsibilities including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, inventory control and general office management.
- Serves as accounting clerk handling daily accounting and month-end closing activities.
- Assists with preparing and tracking monthly and annual budgets and forecasts.
- Maintains payment card (P-Card) system transactions.
- Codes accounts payable invoices for proper account distribution for the utilizing facility. An invoice that is out of the ordinary or unusual requires management approval.
- Communicates telephonically and in a professional manner with regional directors, other facility staff and vendors as necessary regarding the appropriateness of purchases and the proper allocation of expenses.
- Updates and maintain current billing files so accurate records are maintained enabling processing of timely billing reports.
- Prepares and submit daily activity reports/count sheets to contracting agencies ensuring accurate, timely submittal in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Prepares contractual monthly billing report ensuring accurate, timely submittal in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Provides copy of all monthly billings to company corporate office in a timely manner.
- Edits for discrepancies and prepares punch detail report for final processing of payroll to meet bi-weekly payroll deadline and ensure employees are paid accurately.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Three (3) years bookkeeping or accounting experience.
- Familiar with general accounting principles, fiscal budget control procedures and computerized accounting.
- Review and understand documents as they pertain to accounts payable.
- Handle a variety of tasks as they relate to accounting.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of staff in a manner that promotes a team spirit and a sense of cooperation.
- Manage workflow in an orderly manner.
- Express thoughts logically, in both written and verbal form using correct grammar.
- Demonstrate flexibility in order to perform a wide range of duties. Proficient with computers and the necessary software used by the facility.