The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST, CEC
at The Geo Group
Facility: REENTRY SERVICES ADMIN
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under close supervision, this position performs standard and routine accounting duties.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes business office transactions related to accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, inventory, and general office
- Handles daily department email box, accounting and month-end closing
- Prepares, reviews, and tracks service contracts, vendor invoices, vendor statements, and facility purchases.
- Maintains payment card (P-Card) system
- Codes accounts payable invoices for proper account distribution for the utilizing facility- obtaining management approval when necessary
- Communicates in personal and telephonically, in a professional manner with leadership, regional managers, directors, other facility staff, and vendors as necessary regarding the appropriateness of purchases and the proper allocation of
- Maintains checking account and prepares bank
- Prepares and submits reports to contracting agencies ensuring accurate, timely submittal in accordance with contractual
- Conducts training to facility staff on proper accounting and internal control
- Point of contact for facility staff and vendors relating to invoice processing and related problem resolution.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Three (3) years bookkeeping or accounting experience.
- Familiar with general accounting principles, fiscal budget control procedures and computerized accounting.
- Review and understand documents as they pertain to accounts payable.
- Handle a variety of tasks as they relate to accounting.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of staff in a manner that promotes a team spirit and a sense of cooperation.
- Manage workflow in an orderly manner.
- Express thoughts logically, in both written and verbal form using correct grammar.
- Demonstrate flexibility in order to perform a wide range of duties.
Proficient with computers and the necessary software used by the facility.