The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST
at The Geo Group
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for reviewing, reconciling, and processing all account payable activities. This position is also responsible for providing clear, accurate, and thorough information to internal or external customer inquiries. Finally, this position ensures that all documents are processed and stored in a timely manner.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes bills, invoices, employee expense vouchers, and other accounts payables into the financial information system according to company policies and guidelines. Reviews additions and extensions on all bills and invoices, verifies authorization for payment, and assigns priority.
- Enters data into system from source documents. Verifies data entered by means of sight verification and system on-line edit procedures. Corrects invalid or incorrect data as necessary.
- Prepares accruals on a monthly basis.
- Resolves internal or external customer inquiries in a timely manner.
- Reconciles all problems with invoice processing with appropriate parties. Informs manager when problems cannot be resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensures that all documents are stored in a timely manner.
- Scans or photocopies documentation as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associate’s degree is desirable.
- Three (3) years prior experience processing accounts payable invoices, bills and expenses required.
- Must be flexible, organized, and able to work under time constraints and deadlines.
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to quickly resolve problems related to the process of paying invoices and expenses.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are imperative.
- Must be able to work well with people, and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Computer and data entry experience is necessary, as well as ability to operate 10-key adding machine by touch.