The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE SPECIALIST
at The Geo Group
Facility: BOULDER HEADQUARTERS - EM
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position contingent upon company approval.
Responsible for customer/client invoicing, receipt and application of payments, collections and account reconciliation. May specialize in agency paid or client paid accounts. Assists with answering phones and other duties as requested.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs monthly billing activities, which may include preparation of billing spreadsheets for Company products & services; download, review and correction of error logs prior to billing; preparation, printing and compilation of invoices and backup for mailing.
- Runs repair and Field Services billing monthly. Prints, matches and mails invoices.
- Prepares monthly rosters for backup to agency invoices.
- Provides customer service and support for billing issues. Issues credit/debit memos.
- Performs data entry to set up and maintain customer/client records in the Company database. Enters pricing for new and existing customers per Contract Release .
- Receives, sorts, logs and batches customer/client payments. Prepares and makes bank deposits daily and reports amounts to management. Processes credit card payments. Posts checks, wires and credit card payments to customer/client accounts. Researches accounts and reconcile as needed.
- Prepares monthly spreadsheet to track bank deposits.
- Prepares monthly reconciliation of Accounts Receivable journal to General Ledger.
- Responsible for the collection of past due Electronic Monitoring accounts, including customer phone calls, preparing and mailing letters and account cleanup. Reports to management monthly on the status of customer accounts.
- Prepares reports for internal and external customers as requested.
- Receives equipment reward information from Receiving Dept, researches returned units and requests checks for participants.
- Maintains spreadsheet for reported lost and damaged equipment; includes researching lost and “found” equipment for billing purposes. Compares spreadsheet to contractual billing policies and bills lost/damaged equipment accordingly.
- May assist inventory specialist in reconciling customers’ equipment inventory to ensure accurate billing, This may include reaching out to Sales team and/or customer to manage shelved equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associates Degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
- Two years of experience in accounts receivable and billing.
- Strong computer skills – proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Accurate typing and 10 key skills.
- Working knowledge of Bookkeeping/Accounting.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/deadlines.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Effective communication skills with internal and external contacts.
- Problem solving ability.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.