The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
BILLING SPECIALIST, INSURANCE
at The Geo Group
Facility: PITTSBURGH REGIONAL OFFICE
Compensation Base: 20.00 per hr.
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
The position is responsible for generating all insurance billing and resolving unpaid claims identified on Accounts Receivable Aging and various other reports, and also for reviewing and responding to all insurance billing-related correspondence.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities.
- Provide administrative and business support in preparing, updating, and monitoring program/facility budget requirements.
- Uses coded data to produce and submit claims to insurance companies.
- Ensures that claims formatting and data elements are in compliance with payer specifications
- Works directly with insurance companies to get claims processed and paid.
- Researches unpaid claims, determines and corrects cause, performs collection and follow up as needed.
- Appeals and re bills underpaid or denied claims within payer deadlines.
- Verifies patients’ insurance coverage.
- Identifies denial trends and researches root causes and reports findings to Supervisor for resolution.
- Assist/monitor the Accounts Receivable reports.
- Prepares itemized statements, bills or invoices, recording amounts due for services rendered. Maintains records of invoices and supporting documents.
- Assists with posting of cash, reconciling accounts, and making authorized adjustments as needed. .
- Ensures all payers are entered into the billing system accurately and timely.
- Contacts customers to obtain or relay account information.
- Composes various daily, weekly, and monthly reports as assigned.
- Completes data entry.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
The following education requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- The following education requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
High school diploma or equivalent; AND
At least three years of insurance billing experience.
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee’s state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.