The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: EL CENTRO SERVICE PROCESSING CENTER
Compensation Base: $17.52
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under direct supervision, performs accounting functions including cash control, funds disbursement, accounts receivable, and accounts payable. This position requires the application of varied bookkeeping and business procedures. Work requires familiarity with company financial policies to include accounting, payroll, and other areas.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes all accounts payable, accounts receivables, checking accounts, employee payroll, and inmate payroll.
- Maintains and distributes employee payroll ensuring that employee time is accounted for per GEO Policy.
- Makes bank deposits, writes checks, and maintains regular balance controls on all checking accounts.
- Collects and counts all cash, money orders or certified checks that have been accepted for inmates, and credits the amount to the appropriate inmate account.
- Develops and submits required reports relative to all aspects of accounts payable, accounts receivable, checking accounts, employee payroll, inmate payroll, and inmate trust.
- Prepares employee travel orders, advances, and expense reimbursements.
- Assists in month-end closing, forecasting and budgeting processes.
- May oversee the receptionist/admin clerk in daily performance and evaluation of job duties.
- Ensures accurate inventory of all items in the warehouse, food service, maintenance, and any other area where supplies are stored for distribution.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Associate’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or closely related field preferred.
- Two (2) years in an accounting related capacity.
- General clerical aptitude. Working knowledge of business English, good grammatical and spelling skills, and ability to develop correspondence, reports, and operational directives.
- Working knowledge of office equipment such as computer terminals, fax machines, copy machines.
- Must be U.S. citizen.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be willing to undergo a rigorous background investigation as required by U.S. Marshals.