The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: Guadalupe County Correctional Facility
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsible for the supervision, organization and work flow of the office. Perform clerical work requiring application of varied and complex work methods and procedures. Work requires familiarity with policies, practices and procedures of the company.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains complex indexes and files.
- Type correspondence, reports and other materials as required.
- Operates an adding machine, calculator, telex terminal, copy machine and other office machines.
- Operates a computer system with printer.
- Assists with keeping minutes of the Administrative Staff.
- Responsible for keeping calendars.
- Serves as a secretary as needed.
- Responsible for managing records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Demonstrated experience in office procedures and related clerical duties.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner in both individual and group settings.
- Ability to work with a team of inmates and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and carry out moderately complex oral and written instructions; to make minor decisions in accordance with rules and regulations as they apply to work problems; to maintain company records; and to meet and deal effectively with the public and inmates.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.