The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: ARIZONA STATE PRISON - PHOENIX WEST
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsible for the daily operation of the facility commissary including inventory control, supply acquisitions, accounting-related reports, and directing the work of others.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides control over operation of commissary and ensures standard accounting procedures are followed. Responsible for the selection, acquisition, stocking, auditing and inventory of all commissary items. Orders supplies from vendors and processes special purchase orders.
- Processes detainee purchases and enters transactions into detainee accounts.
- Responsible for the equipment, safety, work quality, methods, policies and procedures in the operation of the commissary.
- Supervises assigned detainees. Has limited authority to make management decisions within the areas of responsibility as established by facility management.
- Prepares various operational reports as requested by management.
- Picks up commissary supplies from area vendors as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Two (2) years of relevant work experience preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge of office and accounting practices and procedures.
- One (1) year of business or relevant work related courses preferred.
- Experience in point of sales computer software preferred.
- Must have proficiency in business English, spelling and math.