The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
COMPLIANCE AUDITOR, FOOD SVS
at The Geo Group
Facility: RIO GRANDE DETENTION CENTER
Compensation Base: $5000.03
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position will serve as the primary auditor for validation of compliance with food and healthcare services requirements. This position assists management to ensure that compliance and accreditation standards set by the organization, client, or other outside parties are verified within the necessary established timeframes. This position also serves as the facility’s liaison regarding standard and routine interpretation of compliance and accreditation policies and guidelines while referring more complex issues to the Compliance Administrator or the Facility Administrator.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts daily compliance reviews of the facility food and healthcare services and record.
- Conducts periodic accreditation audits of the facility food and healthcare services.
- Collects information regarding the facility to provide information to the compliance or accreditation party for validation of compliance with food and healthcare services requirements.
- Develops reports summarizing audit results and conducts informational presentations to staff on any changes to compliance and accreditation processes.
- Provides written and verbal reports of facility compliance status to the Compliance Administrator or Facility Administrator.
- Maintains database of all appropriate compliance and accreditation audits. Updates accordingly.
- Maintains up-to-date resources, standards, rules, regulations, and requirements for food and healthcare services.
- Assists management in the reviewing and revising the facility’s policies and procedures to ensure compliance with organizational and client guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred in business administration or related field.
- Three (3) years of progressive experience in healthcare services required, preferably in corrections.
- Ability to apply compliance and accreditation requirements to facility’s operational processes.
- Ability to write reports and summaries in a cohesive and concise manner.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with employees and/or outside parties in a professional manner. Previous experience in giving presentations/trainings preferred.
- Ability to effectively maintain databases of information related to the facility’s compliance and accreditation processes.
- Ability to review and interpret compliance and accreditation policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to perform audits on weekends and during each shift covering a 24-hour period on a regular basis.
- Must be able to travel for the purpose of participation in audit events.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.