The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: BOULDER HEADQUARTERS - CORPORATE
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
BI is one of the leading technology companies in Colorado and the largest provider of innovative electronic monitoring solutions in the United States. We excel at proving technological solutions to over 1,000 agencies nationwide and allowing those agencies to fulfill their missions without worrying about the technical complexities.
This position is located in North Boulder/Gunbarrel.
About the Role
Assists the Vice President, Financial Planning with the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of monthly and quarterly financial reports, maintenance of a system of accounting transactions, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. Coordinates divisional policies and procedures with the parent company for business unit financial reporting. Plays an integral role in the division’s financial strategic plan.
What You'll Be Doing
- Responsible for the monthly and quarterly closing process including account reconciliations, auditing monthly account transactions, and process improvement. Reviews and signs off on all transactions going into the general ledger (GL).
- Supervises in the areas of sales order entry, invoicing, customer business services including accounts receivable and collections, accounts payable, fixed assets, general ledger, financial reporting, and corporate tax function. Reviews completed work, sets goals and objectives, and conducts annual reviews.
- Reviews all month-end accounting to ensure accuracy of monthly financial statements.
- Prepares, reviews and signs off on quarterly Sarbanes-Oxley compliance certification to Corporate Management and supervises the ongoing review and update of all SOX documentation.
- Ensures accounts receivables are collected promptly.
- Assists with design of internal controls and compliance with said controls to minimize financial statement misstatement risk.
- Directs other assigned accounting personnel in providing and directing procedures and computer application systems necessary to maintain proper records and to afford adequate accounting controls and services.
- Complies with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Manages changes and improvements in accounting and reporting, including design and implementation of new systems and processes.
- Coordinate the provision of information to internal auditors and external auditors for the annual audit.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring to this Position
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration required. CPA and public accounting experience preferred.
- Seven years of professional accounting experience required. Superior analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of complex accounting transactions with the ability to analyze same.
- Expertise with standard financial concepts, practices and procedures as demonstrated through relevant work and educational experience.
- Must have solid skills in utilizing appropriate software application programs to conduct financial analyzes.
- Must be able to summarize financial analyzes, along with findings, through verbal and written communication.
- Must be able to work independently, while meeting internal schedules and deadlines.
- Must be able to supervise the work of others.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- 3 weeks paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Term life insurance (includes spouse and dependent)
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement program
- Stock purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Various discount programs
- Your world of opportunities begins here! Apply today!