The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are hiring! Our facility is conducting telephone interviews at this time.
This position is responsible for managing a facility’s personnel, residents, assets and budget according to the statement of work, company policies and procedures and contractor's standards to ensure contract compliance.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruits, hires and orients staff per established employment procedures to ensure qualified applicants are hired and to minimize turnover and exposure to litigation. Conducts reference checks on potential new hires before offers of employment are made to ensure employment standards are met.
- Monitors staff performance to ensure performance standards are met. Uses disciplinary action or performance evaluations to correct unsatisfactory performance. Prepares staff performance evaluations on or before the due date so that employees are aware of areas in need of improvement, areas in which they do well and so that an action plan for further development is prepared.
- Manages the monthly line item budget in order to maintain fiscal budget control.
- Submits monthly billings to Administrative Office by the first working day of each month which may include depending upon facility, Register of Participants, Rent Receipt Summary, so that invoices to contracting sources are submitted for payment on schedule.
- Prepares administrative reports (e.g., response to monitoring, Work Force Analysis and quarterly reports) that clearly and concisely reflect the operations of the facility and resident status, and disburses these reports to the appropriate agencies, if required, and to the Administrative Office.
- Monitors office and medical supplies to ensure inventory is within budgeted levels and misuse or theft has not occurred. Records through Administrative Office to ensure continuity of operations is maintained.
- Conducts annual (or more often if required) physical inventory of all facility or contractor-owned equipment to ensure assets are accounted for. Reconciles inventory to control list and justify differences.
- Requests payment for invoices, petty cash and other purchases by submitting authorized invoices and or check request to the Administrative Office so that payment is made to vendors or to petty cash according to agreed upon terms.
- Receives, reviews and acts on employee or resident grievances and appeals, within established procedures, to ensure concerns are resolved consistent with company policy and in a fair and timely manner.
- Acts as primary liaison with agencies, (e.g. probation, parole) to build positive working relations.
- Works with contracting agency to screen potential residents (sex offenders, violent crimes, notorious offenders, etc.) to ensure residents are appropriate for the facility.
- Conducts safety committee meetings, safety inspections and employee safety training on a monthly basis; communicate to employees, residents and local authorities (written and verbal) fire and emergency plans to ensure employees and residents are aware of actions to be taken in the event of an emergency and to reduce work-related injuries.
- Develops and comply with housekeeping, facility and equipment maintenance plans to ensure facility is clean and in good repair. Identifies equipment to be repaired and submit appropriate paperwork.
- Maintains and submit all personnel records to Administrative Office, as defined by procedures, to comply with government requirements and provide documentation in the event of litigation.
- Conducts regularly scheduled staff meetings to keep staff informed of Company and individual facility status; foster a team environment and encourage staff to express concerns, report observations, offer recommendations and suggestions.
- Designs and implement programs for public information and education to promote community involvement and support through understanding of the goals, purpose and role of the facility.
- Oversees staff scheduling to ensure compliance with maximum contract requirements, control overtime, and to ensure fair and equitable staff schedules.
- Reviews and signs all facility employee time cards to make sure they are complete and accurate. Responsible for accurate record keeping and reporting of employees' time. Submit to Administrative Office in accordance with the payroll schedule.
- Responsible fully for any and all cash and receipts (e.g. petty cash, resident rent, maintenance funds, etc.).
- Complies with company work rules and policies as explained in the company Employee Handbook, and the facility Policies and Procedures Manual; and responds positively to directives from management in a cooperative spirit to ensure conformance to standards.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff in a manner that promotes a team spirit and a sense of cooperation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, criminal justice, behavioral, social science or related field required.
- Five (5) years administrative experience in community corrections or correctional setting and a minimum of two years in a supervisory position.
- Work experience may be substituted for academic studies exchanging one year of work experience in a related field for one year of academic education.
- Total work experience needed in lieu of the combination of education and work experience is six years, with two of the years in a supervisory position.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.