The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MANAGER, CONTRACT COMPLIANCE, SECURE SERVICES
at The Geo Group
Facility: CONTRACT COMPLIANCE
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for conducting and managing audits on operational compliance issues in US Secure Services (USSS) and Residential Reentry Centers (RRCs) as assigned. Functions include monitoring compliance with organizational and client policies and procedures, applicable state and federal laws, as well as contractual agreements, through annual, follow-up and ad hoc audits. This position develops and prepares compliance tracking reports and other contractual requirements; conducts thorough and accurate compliance audits; and prepares formal audit reports and coordinates responses. Further, it works with contract clients to address compliance concerns and engender trust in client relationships with the organization. In addition, this position plays a primary role in identifying and developing staff to serve on contract compliance review teams.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the corporate compliance process and ensures high quality audits are accurately conducted and timely reports are prepared and submitted.
- Schedules reviews, assembles teams, and comprehensively audits each facility within the assigned group at least annually with follow-up audits as required.
- Assists with the accreditation requirements in the American Correctional Association (ACA) Mock Audit process and the Prison Rape Enforcement Act (PREA) Mock Audits as required.
- Assists with preparing responses to client oversight issues and correspondence.
- Works with client monitoring and contract oversight staff as issues arise.
- Provides training to and is a resource for facility Compliance Administrators, Auditors and Coordinators on compliance issues.
- Works with Compliance Administrators, Auditors and Coordinators to develop facility Quality Control Programs. This includes monitoring facility completion of internal audits and internal follow-up activities and required database entries.
- Works with colleagues in the regional operations office to communicate compliance issues and operational concerns.
- Reads and interprets regulatory requirements, client contracts, and corporate policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and five (5) years of professional experience in a Corrections, Law Enforcement or related capacity. (A high school diploma with high level education and seven (7) seven years of progressive experience in the above fields may be substituted at the discretion of management.)
- Two (2) years of department level supervisory experience.
- Two (2) years direct experience in ensuring adherence to compliance policies and procedures.
- Experience in management and administrative procedures with exceptional writing skills and computer literacy.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required.
- Routine overnight travel is necessary.
- Able to pass background investigation, drug screen and medical evaluation.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.