The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MEDICAID BILLING SPECIALIST
at The Geo Group
Facility: ABRAXAS OF OHIO
Compensation Base: 14.00-17.00
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is a professional position providing a full range of services to assist billing and accounting activities of the business office.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Submits Medicaid and insurance billing; reviews initial claim/batch rejection notices to identify, correct and re-submit to respective payers.
- Works with third party payers to resolve denied claims
- Reviews outstanding balances over 30 working days with follow up to payer source for expected payment
- Submits appeals on short paid or denied claims to payer sources
- Sends manual invoices via email, US mail, fax and/or uploading to electronic invoice system
- Assists in accumulation of statistical data for management reports
- Develops and maintains spreadsheets necessary for billing procedures
- Adheres to Sarbanes-Oxley practices
- Assists with accounts payable and payroll when required Performs necessary calculations and accounting procedures for month end reports and closing procedures
- Creates various Excel spreadsheets and uses analytical skills to interpret or problem solve various financial applications.
- The following education requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- High school diploma or GED and minimum of three years related experience in physician’s office or hospital setting;
- Other Qualifications:
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee’s state of residence.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department including proficiency with Microsoft EXCEL.