The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PART-TIME INTERNAL AUDITOR
at The Geo Group
Facility: Internal Audit
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position conducts audits of organization’s facilities, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, and other internal audit special projects; documents and prepares reports based on the results of the audits.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts facility site visit audits by requesting samples for testing, testing the samples, and documenting findings.
- Works directly with the corporate, regional, and facility staff to request, gather, and review all financial information to test internal controls.
- Documents results of the tests and audits of the internal controls to ensure they have been tested.
- Works directly with independent external auditors on the internal controls audits to receive, gather, review, and track all requested financial information.
- Reviews all audit exceptions identified in testing process (including those by the external auditors) and develops a plan of action to remediate them.
- Reviews Sarbanes-Oxley documentation to ensure the various documents are consistent and updates them as needed with guidance from the business process owners.
- Reviews new business management polices and procedures for compliance with internal controls.
- Assesses opportunities to improve processes and financial controls for increased efficiency.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Certification as a Certified Public Account (CPA) preferred.
- One (1) year of accounting experience preferably in an auditing capacity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with varying deadlines.
- Frequent travel with overnight stays.
- Proficient with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.