The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PROCUREMENT FINANCIAL ANALYST
at The Geo Group
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position supports procurement activities by providing information, performance data, and proactive insight and analysis for the Company. It is responsible for gathering information regarding suppler and internal databases and other sources, researching and comparing vendor spend history, supplier products and services. Provides analysis and reporting on category spend to determine which vendors and products are most suitable for procurement strategies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, maintains, and measures the impact of the changes and assesses benefits realization against anticipated benefits.
- Produces analytics to enable national procurement and negotiate better value outcomes.
- Identifies value opportunities through comparative analysis and other methods.
- Gathers information to assist in the assessment of existing suppliers’ actual performance.
- Assures the continuous supply and timely procurement of services and products so facilities operate at optimum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Stays abreast of commodity market trends and gather trade information that is useful in compiling and maintaining historical, current, and projected economic data on market conditions comply with Company policies and standards.
- Aids in price and cost analysis and development of long-term procurement contracts for all purchased products, goods, and services.
- Produces standard and non-standard reports requiring data extraction and manipulation from various systems and manual collection of data from different a variety of data sources.
- Assists in developing and conducting RFP’s, ITN’s, and RFQ’s as directed.
- May interview potential and current suppliers and maintain close contact to keep abreast of market conditions and comply with Company policies and standards.
- Coordinates with the vendors for expedited, reassigned, or product changes based on Company needs.
- Keeps interested departments advised with respect to procurement projects and analytics.
- Prepares price and cost estimates from quotes, bids, and proposals with a cost reduction strategy towards cost savings goals.
- Provides training to facility personnel to ensure their knowledge level is kept at the highest possible level.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 0-5 years of related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Excel and usage of pivot tables.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and good with numbers.
- Ability and knowledge to research commodities.
- Ability to maintain effective relations with internal and external customers.
- Ability to self-start and work without close supervision, understanding what needs to be done and taking the required actions.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.