The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
P/T COMMISSARY CLERK (temporary)
at The Geo Group
Facility: Western Region Detention Facility at San Diego
Compensation Base: $15.33 per hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Part-Time Temporary Commissary Clerk Tue-Fri (10 am-3 pm)*
Under direct supervision, responsible for providing assorted items to detainees from an approved commissary list. Responsibilities include stocking, straightening, taking inventory of merchandise and returns, ordering commodities, filling prisoner orders and calculating and verifying charges.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Examines and properly stores all commodities and ensures appropriate sanitation standards are met.
- Receives and sorts orders from 3rd parties in order to expedite delivery to detainees.
- Performs delivery of 400-500 pre-bagged, ready-to-go orders to the detainee population on a weekly basis, while demonstrating a positive customer service attitude.
- Works to resolve issues at the point of delivery, making notes on receipts of any issues or items needing further action.
- Fills orders and issues supplies from inventory.
- Ensures the commissary area is cleaned daily and free from pests and/or rodents.
- Assists in conducting periodic inventories.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Strong business and organization skills required. Experience in a retail store as a clerk or stockroom clerk preferred.
- Must be mature, flexible, cooperative and empathetic to the total needs of the institution.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must be able to push/pull carts over 61 or more pounds frequently on a daily basis.