The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: CENTRAL REGION
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under minimal supervision, performs accounting functions including purchasing, bank reconciliations, accounts receivable, accounts payable, month-end close, forecasting, and payroll. Provides training and support to facility business management staff. Collects and consolidates facility financial reports, prepares regional reports on financial performance, costs, revenues, fixed assets, financial commitments and obligations. Administers Kronos system for regional office personnel.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees and maintains employee payroll ensuring that all recorded time is properly approved utilizing Kronos application.
- Collects, compiles, and consolidates financial data and prepares budgets, reports, lists, and miscellaneous management requests including, but not limited to forecasts, variance reports, and Flash reports.
- Makes bank deposits, writes checks, maintains regular balance controls, and reconciles bank statements using appropriate software.
- Initiates regional office purchase requisitions through computerized system. Assists facilities in processing of requisitions and purchase orders.
- Prepares and distributes reports to employees and management.
- Collects and verifies facility bank account reconciliations. Audits stale-dated checks from facility accounts.
- Collects and processes period-end closing documents, including; accrual uploads, inventory verifications, and variance reports. Perform period-end accrual reconciliation. Prepares period-end Flash reports.
- Updates status of aged accounts receivable on monthly basis.
- Maintains fixed asset records for the regional office, including tagging of assets and inventory reconciliations.
- Reviews and approves facility expense reimbursement requests.
- Processes accounts payable for regional office and select facilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration and a minimum of one (5) years of work experience in a finance-related role, or an equivalent combination of work experience and education required.
- Must possess a working knowledge of General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Cash Management, and Inventory Control.
- Must have the requisite skills to audit and evaluate business management operations and activities, review technical data and direct the preparation of or prepare technical reports
- Working knowledge of office and accounting practices and procedures required.