The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SR. FINANCIAL ANALYST, FP&A
at The Geo Group
Facility: CORPORATE FINANCE
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under supervision, this position provides support in the planning, preparation and analysis of the company’s annual budget and forecasts. Additionally, this position will be responsible for summarizing various financial analyses in reports for senior management. This position is dynamic and operates in a fast-paced environment. Additionally, this position will have visibility among all levels of the organization.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists all aspects of the budget & forecasting processes. Develops and coordinates detailed checklists to meet deadlines across all business units.
- Helps prepare the annual budget and quarterly forecasts including data input, tracking user submissions, creating reports and making recommendations based on analysis. Helps to ensure integrity and accuracy of data within the Hyperion database.
- Leads overhead cost analysis and prepares monthly variance reports with findings by working with all departments.
- Develops, prepares and analyzes financial reports based on actual, forecast, and budget data. Researches variances utilizing our software platforms to understand certain accounts and/or variances. Makes recommendations accordingly.
- Compares monthly financial performance against budget and/or forecast. Investigates variances and communicates to management findings.
- Assists facilities in budget preparation as needed. Prepares budget data and budget
- justification information as required. Responds a variety of budget related questions or inquiries.
- Documents processes and identifies areas for improvement.
- Prepares weekly reporting dashboard.
- Prepares ad hoc reports as needed and performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in finance, or accounting. CPA, CFA, or master’s degree in business preferred.
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience in financial planning & analysis (FP&A) roles.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills required as well as experience with the Hyperion Planning database
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and orally) to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to plan for, prioritize, manage, and execute work assignments within expected performance parameters and timelines, making many work plan choices independent of the unit head.
- Ability to carry out complex written and oral instructions relating to budget administration, analysis, and compilation of reports.