The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
STAFF ACCOUNTANT I, TREASURY
at The Geo Group
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under direct supervision, this position provides primary support in the Treasury department including the daily review of current day cash requirements, the preparation & processing of electronic payment requests and the recording of daily cash receipts and disbursements. Additionally, this position is also responsible for the reconciliation of Company’s domestic corporate bank accounts.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares the daily Current Day cash requirement reports.
- Prepares wire/ACH requests when necessary and enters approved electronic payments to the bank for release.
- Prepares accounting entries for all Corporate bank activities.
- Provides Telephone Revenue ITB reports and deposits logs to purchasing to be used to calculate the monthly Telephone Revenue accrual.
- Prepares journal entry to record monthly Telephone Revenue accrual provided by Purchasing.
- Prepares journal entries to record transactions in the ZBA Political contribution accounts.
- Prepares account reconciliation for domestic cash accounts and the Canada operating account
- Maintains files containing Current Day and Previous Day reports, daily Wire/ACH Payments, bank statements and reconciliations, bank deposits, journal entries and bank account signature cards.
- Attends meetings and training as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration or a related field.
- Experience in using spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Ability to plan for, prioritize, and execute work assignments utilizing self discipline and motivation.
- Ability to learn the practical application and principles of budgeting and accounting for an organization.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to carry out standard and routine written and oral instructions relating to budget administration, analysis, and compilation of reports.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.