The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
STAFF ACCOUNTANT II, AR
at The Geo Group
Facility: GEO CORPORATE
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under general supervision, this position gathers, maintains, reconciles, and accrues account receivables and revenue information using the company’s financial information system and a variety of account spreadsheets.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Calculates account receivable accruals from each facility on a monthly basis.
- Gathers invoices from the field and enters data into the financial information system and accounts receivable spreadsheets.
- Checks monthly billing against contracted per diem rates for correctness.
- Gathers lockbox deposits, collects documentation from bank wires and codes and enters information into financial information system. Applies payments to specific invoices.
- Reconciles accruals, invoices, and payments with Business Managers, and collects proper documentation from the field to issue bill adjustments.
- Closes accounts receivable sub-ledger monthly, ensuring all balances reconcile with the general ledger.
- Maintains spreadsheets of account receivables, revenue, and other accounts (as assigned) to ensure the proper tracking and reconciliation.
- Compiles, summarizes, and provides necessary reports of activities as needed.
- Ensures all work complies with Sarbanes Oxley procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or finance with two (2) years progressive experience in accounting. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures applied in an accounts receivable function.
- Relies on experience and expertise to plan work accordingly and to accomplish the position’s goals and objectives.
- Good analytical skills with the ability to identify and resolve the typical questions and issues that arise as a result of completing daily work activities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact with Business Manager and others to resolve questions and problems.
- Ability to produces reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software used by the department typically including the Financial Information System (FIS), spreadsheets, and word processing.