The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
STAFF ACCOUNTANT II - TRUST
at The Geo Group
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under general supervision, this position records trust transactions and prepares financial statements that comply with trust agreements, regulatory guidelines, industry practices and accounting principles.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately records the trust's cash receipts and payments and periodically prepares "fair" and complete financial statements that comply with generally accepted accounting principles, trust laws, regulatory requirements and industry practices.
- Maintains monthly accounting for all Company’s banking trust relationships, ensuring that financial recording processes of a trust are adequate and effective.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly reports ensuring the data is complete, accurate and ready for management review in a timely manner.
- Prepares monthly reconciliations of bank and other account balances, researches and resolves identified differences.
- Prepares and submits monthly requisitions to withdraw funds from the account.
- Prepares monthly report of employee medical claims payment data and related statistics to present to senior management.
- Performs audit functions and supports external auditors during audits.
- Compiles, summarizes, and provides other reports as needed.
- Ensures all work complies with Sarbanes Oxley procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or finance with two (2) to five (5) years of accounting experience. (A combination of education and experience may be taken into consideration based on management’s discretion.)
- Good understanding of standard accounting concepts, practices, and procedures applied in an accounting function.
- Proficient with the legal aspects of trust documents. Able to read and understand complex trust and accounting documents.
- Relies on experience and expertise to plan work accordingly and to accomplish the position’s goals and objectives.
- Good analytical skills with the ability to identify and resolve the typical questions and issues that arise from completing daily work activities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interact with Business Manager to resolve questions and problems. Ability to produces reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software used by the department typically including the Financial Information System (FIS), spreadsheets, and word processing.