The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
STAFF ACCOUNTANT, REENTRY
at The Geo Group
Facility: REENTRY SERVICES ADMIN
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for general ledger accounting including the analysis of business transactions to prepare journal entries, month-end close processes, financial reporting, and account analysis and reconciliation. In addition, it provides financial support to management as well as oversight and indirect support to Facility Directors, Program Managers and business operations staff.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare journal entries to general ledger accounts documenting business transactions.
- Provides field office managers with general ledger support including monthly facility
profit/loss statements, regular communication on budget variances, research and evaluation of the treatment of transactions and accrual of expenses and recording of transfers and corrections.
- Oversees and implements Business Office compliance with company processes and procedures. This includes establishing and maintaining accounting procedures, controls, and fiscal reporting methods, procedures for payment of invoices, P-card maintenance, and other related activities.
- Ensures the close process for day reporting centers proceeds including billing, payroll, fixed assets, fuel and maintenance cards, accounts payable, client funds and track and review results and variance analysis.
- Oversees facility inventory and prepares necessary documentation for new and disposed assets.
- Codes accounts payable invoices for proper account distribution for the utilizing facility. Obtains management approval on irregular invoices.
- Communicates telephonically and in a professional manner with regional, directors, other facility staff and vendors as necessary regarding the appropriateness of purchases and the proper allocation of expenses.
- Prepares contractual monthly billing report ensuring accurate, timely submission accordance with contractual requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or closely related field, or equivalent combination of education and progressively responsible experience required.
- Three (3) years general accounting experience.
- Experience with report writing, budget and forecast tools and fixed asset systems helpful.
- Effective communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and problem solving ability.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the ability to apply to business transactions.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of integrated accounting systems.
- Must exhibit leadership qualities to gain the respect of all employees. Must have the ability and desire to work in a cooperative manner and to make management decisions.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.