The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: JOE CORLEY DETENTION CENTER
Compensation Base: $44,116.80
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsible for the daily direction and supervision of detainee intake and release operations and related functions during duty shift per management instructions. Seeks to provide maximum facility coordination in prisoner supervision and safety.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises the day-to-day functioning of all intake/release unit operations.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all regulations, rules, policies and procedures for Intake/Release and Security operations.
- Makes routine inspections of all security equipment, doors, gates, fences, lighting systems, and other facility equipment as needed.
- Assists staff with unit counts.
- Ensures officers perform all duties necessary to ensure incoming/outgoing offenders are processed in a timely manner and in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Assures that officers receive on-the-job training and safety training as required.
- Reviews reports written by officers during shift and ensures these reports are submitted as required.
- Assists officers and staff with unruly inmates and other assignments as required. Investigates and reports causes of inmate/detainee disturbances.
- Responds to major unusual occurrences as trained. Facilitates prompt and appropriate assistance to detainees in the event of injury, illness or emotional trauma.
- Provides management with input into decisions concerning employee performance ratings, disciplinary actions, and job assignments.
- Promotes an atmosphere conducive to personality and character development of detainees and staff through the encouragement of favorable behavior patterns, arrangement of physical facilities and influencing relationships among detainees.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed to ensure the effective and successful operation of the facility.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- One (1) year of experience working in a correctional setting required.
- Must be mature, flexible, intellectually alert, able to command the respect and confidence of detainees and staff, possess a working knowledge of correctional laws, applicable court orders.
- Must possess a high tolerance to mental stress.
- Must have a proven work history with sound abilities to write communications, documents, policy, court room defenses, contract negotiations, and other required written correspondence.
- Must be able to understand and carry out moderately complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to coordinate staffing requirements for officers.
- Must have completed an approved training program resulting in a certificate of satisfactory completion. Ability to obtain certification for training such as CPR, First Aid and firearms.