The Mom Project
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Payroll Coordinator Consultant
at The Mom Project
A large Social Service Non-Profit organization in the Loop hiring for a couple of Senior Payroll Coordinators to augment their team in Downtown, Chicago. Calling for someone who can thrive in a fast-paced environment who has extensive Workforce Now ADP experience. This is an immediate need that is slated to go through June.
Summary : The Senior Payroll Coordinator performs all activities necessary to process one or more payrolls, including maintaining related records, filing tax reports and voluntary deduction reports, processing involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments, preparing accounting transactions and documents, documenting and updating procedures, and preparing special reports management. Processes and maintains confidential employee records. This position manages the day to day relationship with ADP and has accountability for maintaining a proper control environment to ensure that only authorized employees are paid.
Skill / Requirements
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ensures timely, accurate and confidential payroll processing in accordance with company-established business operating procedures, external regulations, payroll policies, vendor processing requirements and internal department support.
* Processes payroll through electronic HRIS/Payroll systems, time input, adjustments, processing and distribution of payroll.
* Processes wage verifications, garnishments, child support payments etc.
* Balances and controls earnings and deduction totals, checks and audits timekeeping records for compliance with established standards
* Enters, verifies and updates payroll allocations for accurate cost accounting required for each business unit.
* Enters and updates employee information into the payroll system, posting changes in pay and tax status, and miscellaneous changes.
* Inspects automated system output such as registers and standard reports. Determines and corrects out-of-balance conditions