Thompson Coburn LLP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Payroll and Benefits Coordinator
at Thompson Coburn LLP
Do you have a passion for payroll? Do you have excellent math skills, high level proficiency in MS Office Suite, and experience with Ultimate Software? We are seeking candidates like you for an important role providing payroll and benefits support for all of our attorneys and staff. Thompson Coburn LLP currently has a non-exempt position available in our St. Louis office for a full-time Payroll and Benefits Coordinator with at least two years of experience working in payroll, human resources or a law firm. An Associate degree or payroll certification and familiarity with Kronos, UltiPro and Cognos Business Analytics preferred. The person selected for this position must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Assists with benefits administration by receiving and reviewing enrollment forms, qualifying events/changes and cancellations. Coordinates timely updates to the UltiPro HRIS system for payroll processing and insurance vendor file feeds. Processes manual updates directly to vendor systems not populated by file feeds. Updates internal spreadsheets regarding tracking and billing related to benefit changes. Reviews file feed results. Confirms all updates processed as intended. Reconciles benefit data from UltiPro HRIS system to insurance bills using Cognos Business Analytics (BI) reports and Excel.
Utilizes Kronos timekeeping system to enter new hires, update schedules and remove terms in a timely manner. Gives support to Kronos editors in the administration of best practices regarding timekeeping. Fields questions regarding accruals and time away request procedures. Helps with auditing time data in preparation for payroll export.
Conducts new hire orientations, review of first pay statement trainings and mailings related to leave of absence payments and off boarding.
Compiles, calculates and analyzes data from a variety of sources regarding financial and statistical surveys as directed.
Assists with report writing.
Completes month-end, quarter-end, year-end and year-begin tasks and special projects as assigned.
Skill / Requirements
· Must possess a high level of professionalism and interpersonal skills so as to be able to work well with employees at all levels within the organization and maintain all information in the strictest of confidence. Required to use tact and diplomacy when dealing with others.
· Must have ability to read, write, and communicate fluent English; ability to compose documents in the appropriate business style using correct grammar and spelling; ability to communicate clearly using proper grammar and diction over the telephone.
· Must possess attention to detail, ability to balance multiple projects, and strong time management skills.
· Must have ability to reason and apply common-sense understanding to situations encountered.
· Ability to process routine daily functions while being able to resolve sensitive issues and complex assignments utilizing above average critical thinking skills.
· Ability to work overtime as needed.
- The physical demands of this position are representative of those that might be met by an employee in order for him or her to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. These include being both mobile and stationary throughout the workday, having the ability to transport 25 pounds and being able to operate a computer and other business equipment found in the office.
Applicants interested in applying to Thompson Coburn LLP are required to complete our online application, which can be found by visiting the site below.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V