Unified Physician Management
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Corporate Accounting
at Unified Physician Management
Unified Physician Management, LLC (UPM), with more than $1 Billion in collections, has assembled the nation’s largest network of Ob-Gyns. More than 1,000 Ob-Gyns and 1,500 providers operate in eight states and the District of Columbia. Through its partner organizations, Unified Women’s Healthcare, PL (UWH) and Capital Women’s Care, UPM has created the only national, private practice women’s health group with a singular vision of patient-centered care and physician governance.
Headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida and established in 2009, UPM and its physician partners have set out to preserve personalized healthcare and be recognized as a premier thought leader in the field of women’s health. The goal is to preserve the private practice of medicine and preserve the economic security of Ob-Gyns for the foreseeable future. In 2013, Ares (NYSE: ARES), the premier global alternative asset management firm, invested in UPM and continues to enable the business’ rapid scaling.
The Director of Corporate Accounting, will be responsible for providing accounting leadership to the accounting staff in the Corporate office, as well as working closely with field accounting operations. The role reports to the VP, Corporate Controller.
The Director of Corporate Accounting, is responsible for the integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of the monthly accountingand financial statements of UPM. The Director of Corporate Accounting, will articulate and lead enhancement initiatives focused across People, Process, and leveraging Technology. He / she will reinforce a culture that provides a high degree of internal customer service and responsiveness. He / she will drive accuracy, timeliness, effectiveness and efficiencies in the accounting function throughout the organization.
The role is located in UPM’s headquarters in Boca Raton, Florida.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Accounting initially will be approximately 10 professional accountants, reporting through approximately 4 Managers. Additional direct reports will be determined as future growth of the organization occurs.
The Director of Corporate Accounting, will first and foremost be passionate about UPM’s mission. He/she will be hardworking, demonstrate the values of the company and build / sustain excellent relationships at multiple levels within the organization. The successful candidate will be persuasive, authentic and transparent and will demonstrate a high level of professional and personal credibility.
Key Responsibilities and Objectives include:
- Principle owner of monthly close, consolidation, and reporting process: Primary accountability for the integrity, timeliness, and accuracy of the close and consolidation of UPM, the creation of the internal financial reporting package, and support of the analytics describing how the business performed against budget and prior year.
- Demonstrate solid accounting skills in ensuring that complex accounting matters are properly treated in the financials and documented, particularly in technical accounting areas including revenue reconciliation, insurance accounting and self-funded insurance plans.
- Team Leadership- Lead Accounting Managers and Staff: Determine the appropriate organizational structure for the Corporate Accounting team, provide visible, hands-on leadership, mentorship, and development. Set a tone at the top that supports the values of the Finance and Accounting team’s values as articulated by the CFO.
- Talent Management: Attract, hire and train high performing staff as supported by growth in the business.
- Year-end Audit Process- Leader of audit readiness and execution with the outside independent accountants.
- Business Partnership: Establish meaningful Business Partnership relationships with the field accounting operations. Demonstrate a high degree of client service, collaboration, responsiveness, proactiveness, communication, transparency, and problem-solving abilities.
- Articulate and Lead Enhancement Initiatives Focused across People, Process, and leveraging Technology:Strengthen the foundation of corporate accounting, and identify and articulate enhancements across People (organizational structure, training, development, etc), Process (streamlining, documenting, enhancing), and leveraging existing and new Technologies (leverage features of current technology, identify new add-on technology).
- Drive Effectiveness and Efficiencies: Identify and articulate initiatives to enhance the Effectiveness (Quality, timeliness, accuracy, transparency, communication and reporting), and the Efficiency (cost to provide) of the function. Identify appropriate centralization of activities across the organization.
- Acquisitions: Collaborate with the Director, Integrations and Controls on accounting integration activity.
- Hands-in / Roll-up- sleeves: Demonstrated capacity to make strong individual contributions as well as lead and manage process development and execution. Demonstrated player / coach abilities.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced (10+ years), proven accounting leader with a background that includes working in word-class organizations. The candidate will have demonstrated experience in building and / or significantly enhancing the accounting function and will have a top tier accounting background. The candidate will possess experience in complex high performing companies of size and scope, with the ability to draw upon best-in-class processes and procedures. Experience in multi-site / multi-state enterprises is preferred. Healthcare experience is a plus. Experience with NetSuite or like enterprise systems is a plus.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a high-energy level, a sense of urgency, responsiveness, client-service approach, and low-ego. He / she will also be collaborative and bring maturity, humility, integrity, and leadership to the role. The Director of Corporate Accounting will have a proven track record of developing and leading high-performing teams. A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA, and large public accounting firm experience is required. An advanced degree (MBA or other relevant master’s degree) is highly desirable.