United Northern Mortgage Bankers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at United Northern Mortgage Bankers
Professionals who desire to join an innovative, progressive and thriving company with an environment conducive to personal growth, high performance and financial success consider United Northern Mortgage Bankers Limited (UNMB) an employer of choice.
Great company culture doesn’t happen on its own. Ours is developed from a conscious effort to build upon values that include respect, diversity, ethics, balance and teamwork.
Since 1979, UNMB has earned its position as one of the most respected and trusted lending institutions. We are rated a Top Mortgage Employer and have an A+ accredited business ranking from the BBB. We welcome you to reach out and explore your opportunities.
The Accounting Clerk serves a vital role in assisting the Chief Financial Officer ensuring that all accounting documentation needed to run the accounting department of UNMB is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
This is a full time position located at our Corporate Headquarters in Levittown, NY. Medical benefits are available after 60 days of employment. 401K participation is available on your first day of hire. You will work directly with and report directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Handle records of incoming receipts, business expenditures, tax liabilities and payroll expenses.
- Collect and review financial documents for accuracy.
- Create databases when needed.
- Validate purchases and expenditures.
- Be resourceful to obtain and clarify additional information as needed to complete tasks.
- Continue to stay abreast of and ensure completeness of tasks in a timely manner.
- Provide consistent follow-up with vendors and co-workers.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date records / files.
- Effectively provide professional internal and external written and verbal communication.
- Build and maintain a positive rapport with both internal and external professionals.
- Be a team player who actively seeks training opportunities, solutions to various issues and shares best practices with all team members.
As a member of a busy office, the accounting clerk may also be required to perform tasks indirectly associated with accounting tasks.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and QuickBooks.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, multi-tasking and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detail orientation.
- Ability to digest and process information quickly.
- Mastered time management and are a self-starter.
- Planning, organizational and follow through skills.
- Associates Degree or 2 years of book-keeping/accounting clerk experience.
Room for professional growth within the company for the right candidate.
UNITED NORTHERN MORTGAGE BANKERS, LTD (NMLS# 7230) is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, age, color, gender, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, marital status or veteran status. Requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill set and/or ability required to successfully execute job/position listed.
Reasonable accommodations may be/will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Please inform us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position or perform your job. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.