Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Payable Manager
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 30442bdb-e9c8-4b11-995f-84d17df3e228
- Timely and accurate payment of all supplier invoices to ensure the company maximizes discounts, prevents credit holds from suppliers, avoids penalty charges, ensures payments are properly approved and authorized via internal controls to maximize cash flow for the corporation.
- Working with multiple departments and suppliers to resolve any issues associated with invoice payments and adjustments.
- Establish and maintain relationships and channels of communication with the Merchandising Teams and Vendor community.
- Thorough knowledge of SAP Accounts Payable and General Ledger systems with the ability to recommend system or process enhancements to improve department efficiencies and enhance accuracy and controls over the payment process.
- Ability to train, lead and develop department staff to ensure proper knowledge transfer on key departmental controls and processes and provide appropriate back up across all areas of responsibility.
- Focused on team development and responsible for staff to ensure they progress in their roles and ensures we have a logical succession plan for the team.
- Manages people, processes, budgets, performance management, compliance activities, and associate development as required by the job.
- Understand and demonstrate the Essendant Core Values and Guiding Actions
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of SAP
- Strong leadership, teamwork and team building skills
- Strong organizational and process improvement skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and recommend changes or improvements
Education and Experience: (Minimum level of experience and education required to do the job)
- Bachelor’s degree in business preferred or equivalent relevant AP experience in a supervisory or management role.
- Minimum 5 years AP experience in a supervisory or management role.