Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pricing Analyst I
- Assists in managing manufacturer price changes and developing impact analysis of changes on sell price, margin and inventory.
- Makes data driven decisions in order to creatively solve problems.
- Provides analysis of pricing deviations and identifies margin improvement opportunities; collaborate with Sales team on creating and maintaining deviated pricing.
- Performs troubleshooting around purchase orders and manufacturer invoices.
- Reviews daily low margin report to identify potential pricing issues; proactively follows up with Sales, Customer Care, Operations and Finance to provide resolution.
- Maintains pricing information in TREND ERP system; ensures that manufacturer pricing information is consistent and accurate.
- Develops guidelines and processes to enable optimum and efficient pricing decisions (bids, quotes, contracts, deals, etc.). Serve as mentor to sales and marketing organization at all levels for effective pricing.
- Creates models and revenue maps to frame optimal short and long-term opportunities and potential risks.
- Develops tools, capabilities, and scorecards to track and analyze key metrics and value captured from pricing activities.
- Collects, analyzes, and reports competitive market and product positioning / competitive intelligence to support customer segmentation and pricing.
- Tracks customer trends relative to product and program innovations / return on investment.
- Creates, validates and maintains pricing deviations and coordinate communication with sales teams.
- Generates daily and ad hoc pricing reports.
- Understands and demonstrates Essendant’s Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Expert skills with Microsoft Excel; Intermediate skills with the other MS Office applications; Understanding of database access tools such as SQL.
- Ability to access, understand and report out data via Trend, SQL and Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers, associates and management.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors degree is required; MBA or advanced degree preferred.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES ORS Medco does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruiting Agreement, ORS Medco will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fees. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, ORS Medco explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of ORS Medco.