Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Perform as a key contributor to the month end closing process for Corporate and the ORS business unit
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare and post journal entries to general ledger accounts to accurately record business transactions.
- Preparation of general ledger account reconciliations with supporting schedules and documentation
- Perform monthly account variance analysis on financial statements
- Analyze and reconcile intercompany receivables / payables and the related eliminations; coordinate with business accounting staff.
- Provide accounting support for product inventories. Analyzes, prepares, and reports monthly inventory transactions to ensure proper inventory valuation including but not limited to LIFO, inventory capitalization, obsolescence and shrinkage.
- Participates in physical inventory and book to physical processes.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial schedules.
- Maintains fixed asset sub-ledger and depreciation schedules, including construction in progress (CIP) for the business units as well as Corporate entities. Processes fixed asset additions, disposals, and transfers. Tracks capital spending by project vs. budget.
- Preparation and analysis of monthly bank reconciliations for Corporate accounts. Perform proper and timely follow up and resolution of all reconciling items on the monthly Bank Reconciliations. Work with Treasury/Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable resolving banking issues relative to monthly bank reconciliations.
- Support external auditors in accumulation and preparation of required auditing documentation and schedules.
- Assist with inbound and outbound freight cost accrual analysis.
- Support company credit card program including statement reconciliation
- Interact with necessary internal / external business contacts; provide support to the subsidiary business units.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience in accounting; thorough knowledge of GAAP / accounting principles, theories, and practical experience
- Comfortable working within a dynamic team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail; proactive
- Strong computer skills in MS Office suite of products.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA a plus
- Minimum of 3 years in accounting or related experience
Notice to third party agencies:
ORS Medco does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruiting Agreement, ORS Medco will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fees. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, ORS Medco explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of ORS Medco.