Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Financial Analyst-Operations & Transportation
This position is responsible for supporting the Company’s Operations and Transportation team shipping to customers across the U.S. from our 16 warehouses. The role will include analysis of actual results, preparing operational reporting for management and financial statement preparation and providing financial and analytical support for strategic projects and initiatives. In addition, this position will support key processes such as capital expenditure planning and analysis.
- Assists and coordinates the budgeting and quarterly forecasting process for operations and transportation (. Obtains inputs / data from various function leaders, and drives dialogue to test for reasonableness..
- Analyzes monthly business results with a goal of identifying trends and variances from expectations. The role will include designing and implementing reports and dashboards focused on operations and transportation costs.
- Creates dynamic financial models to evaluate business scenarios and support business decisions.
- Provides financial support for strategic projects, key initiatives and process improvement teams.
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts in the processes and tools used in planning, reporting and analysis activities.
- Prepares project evaluation analyses including financial justification (NPV, IRR, payback).
- Performs critical analysis for Senior Leadership Team presentations.
- Role may include occasional travel to facilities
- Completes ad hoc analysis as requested and develops insight for senior management
- Perform as a key contributor to the month end closing process
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Strong analytical and problem-solving orientation / skills.
- Solid verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills and ability to communicate complex business issues in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and develop perspective in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Action / results oriented
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office tools with strong financial modeling skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics. MBA preferred.
- Minimum three years of experience in an operations or financial analysis roles, in a middle market setting focused on distribution or manufacturing, or management consulting,
- Experience with Infor enterprise software’s solutions or similar financial system is a plus.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: ORS Medco does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruiting Agreement, ORS Medco will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fees. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, ORS Medco explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of ORS Medco.