Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Financial Analyst-Rebates
- Monthly close process for Supplier, Marketing, and Freight allowances, while managing, leading and developing reports (i.e. aging, reconciliations, and schedules) for outstanding Supplier, Marketing and Freight receivables
- Perform data sourcing and calculations associated with rebate programs to accurately determine the amounts for accruals and disbursements.
- Develop financial reporting tools to facilitate program administration and communicate program results to management and field sales.
- Establish proper controls while adapting accounting and record keeping functions to current computerized accounting systems technology.
- Provide financial analysis of total rebate revenue, including comparisons to forecasted results and trended results.
- Assist manager in preparing rebate forecast.
- Analyze records of financial transactions to determine accuracy and completeness of entries.
- Prepare, enter and review journal entries into the general ledger system.
- Prepare and analyze account reconciliations and resolves any outstanding items.
- Communicate with other departments to ensure proper accounting for purchases and expenses.
- Support internal and external auditors in accumulation and preparation of required auditing documentation and schedules.
- Implement process improvements that result in improved efficiencies.
- Perform timely account analysis ensuring accurate month end balances.
- Understands and demonstrates ORS Medco’ Core Values
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience in accounting; thorough knowledge of accounting principles, theories, and practical applications including GAAP
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Trend preferred
- Data warehouse utilization skills (FOCUS, Oracle, SQL or some other method of data querying)
- Strong Microsoft office skills
- Excellent Excel skills with VBA/macro knowledge
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of relevant experience in finance or accounting functions, preferably in a large corporate environment is a plus
- Strong organizational skills; attentions detail; proactive
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
Notice to third party agencies:
ORS Medco does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruiting Agreement, ORS Medco will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fees. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, ORS Medco explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of ORS Medco.