University of New Mexico
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fiscal Services Tech - req# 11742
at University of New Mexico
Fiscal Services Tech
|Working Title||Fiscal Services Tech|
UNMTemps, the University of New Mexico's internal temporary staffing department, seeks a temporary Fiscal Services Tech to join the Payroll department.
Duties of the Fiscal Services Tech will include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Assisting in maintaining records of fiscal and budgetary controls, ledgers, and/or other related transactions, in either direct or indirect support of accountants or administrators.
· Processing routine financial documents and fund transactions, reconciles financial records, and analyzes routine financial data.
· Assisting in the development, coordination, and maintenance of unit budgets, as appropriate. May serve as unit requisitioner or initiator of financial transactions.
This is a potential temp-to-regular opportunity, subject to the selected candidate’s performance throughout the temporary assignment, in addition to the business needs of the hiring department.
Days & Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00a.m. - 5:00p.m.
Anticipated Start Date: TBD
Projected End Date: 2 months from the start date
Parking Arrangements: Responsibility of the selected employee
UNMTemps provides staffing solutions to UNM departments requesting temporary employees as positions become available due to a vacancy, when regular employees are absent, for peak work periods, and for special events. As such, UNMTemps assignments/positions may end with little or no advance notice.
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
· Cash Management and Reconciliation
· Ability to Analyze and Interpret Financial Data on Individual Accounts
· Knowledge of Financial and UNM Payroll documents
· Analyzing Accounting Data and Processing Journal Entries
· Strong Organizational and Follow Up Capabilities
· Strong Understanding of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
· Ability to Provide Excellent Customer Service to a Diverse Community
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||Payroll Department (404A)|
|Staff Type||Temporary - Full-Time|
|Pay||Based upon qualifications including directly related experience and education.|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||1/2/2020|
Only applications submitted throughthe official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this jobadvertisement on a 3rd party site, pleasevisit UNMJobs to submit an application.Please provide a resume, cover letter, and writing sample that demonstrates your ability to communicate effectively.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.