University of San Francisco
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at University of San Francisco
University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
Reporting to the Workday Payroll Manager, this exempt position is an integral member of the Payroll Services Department and provides support to the Workday Payroll Manager in processing payroll for over 5,000 faculty, staff, and student employees in the University's Workday Payroll and Time Tracking System. This position reports to the Workday Payroll Manager, who reports to the Director of Payroll Services, who reports to the Associate Vice President for Tax Compliance, Internal Audit, and Payroll Services.
Full Job Description:
Primary Job Responsibilities:
* Process semi-monthly and monthly payrolls for approximately 5,000 University employees.
* Critically review and analyze payroll variances, IRS Forms W-4, wage garnishments, deduction set-ups, and all other pertinent information in the University's Workday Payroll and Workday Time Tracking System.
* Train supervisors and managers throughout the University community with respect to time entry and approval responsibilities and promptly and professionally follow-up with supervisors, managers, and employees if there are discrepancies with respect to timesheets or payroll disbursements.
* Manage the central email account of the Payroll Services Department; solve Workday Payroll and Workday Time Tracking related issues; respond to Workday Payroll and Workday Time Tracking related inquiries and enforce Workday Payroll and Workday Time Tracking policies.
* Assist the Workday Payroll Manager in configuring and maintaining the University's Workday Payroll and Workday Time Tracking System, and ensuring the Workday Payroll and Workday Time Tracking System are setup to be in full compliance with all applicable State, local, and Federal laws and regulations relating to wage and hour compliance, payroll processing, tax withholding, and ERISA.
* Manage any part-time student employees in the Payroll Services Department, which may exist from time to time.
* Enter, monitor, and validate entries made using various tools and reports in the University's Workday Payroll and Time Tracking System.
* In partnership with Workday Payroll Manager, create and update various reports utilized in processing, monitoring, variance tracking, and improving internal controls in the University's Workday Payroll and Workday Time Tracking System.
* Identify business and system improvement opportunities to improve accuracy, efficiency, and provide outstanding customer service.
* Except as otherwise required by applicable law, take appropriate action at all relevant times to ensure all payroll data remains confidential.
Required Job Qualifications:
* The incumbent should have at least 3 years prior experience in payroll, at least 1 year of which must have been spent using Workday Payroll and Workday Time Tracking.
* The incumbent must be highly motivated, a strategic thinker, possess strong analytical skills as well as proven problem solving and decision making capabilities, demonstrate the ability to work independently, have a high degree of integrity, possess a demonstrable knowledge of Workday Payroll and Workday Time Tracking System, and be able to work collaboratively and collegially with colleagues across the University.
* Have or be working towards Workday Certification for Workday Payroll.
* Have or be working towards Workday Certification for Workday Time Tracking.
* Have and maintain an expert-level detailed understanding of Workday Payroll and Time Tracking System concepts and general module functionality.
* Have excellent time-management and prioritization skills.
* Have advanced level Microsoft Excel and database skills to aid in the creation and maintenance of required payroll reports and general operation of the Workday Payroll and Workday Time Tracking System.
* A Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, economics, or in another relevant field is required.
* The incumbent must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the world's most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a student's passion for social justice and a desire to "Change the World From Here." For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.