UNM Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounting Operations Coordinator
at UNM Medical Group
$33,585 minimum to $41,986 mid-point, annually
# of Openings:
Job Code/Title: B0024/ Accounting Operations Coordinator
FLSA: Non- Exempt
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
UNM Medical Group, Inc. (UNMMG) is the practice plan organization for physicians and other medical providers associated with the UNM Health Sciences Center. UNM Medical Group, Inc. is a New Mexico non-profit corporation and is an equal opportunity employer. UNMMG offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as tuition assistance, paid leave and 403b retirement for benefits eligible employees.
The Accounting Operations Coordinator position within the UNMMG Finance team plays a key support role in various areas of the Department. This position is involved in cash and purchasing card reconciliations, employee reimbursements, and various administrative functions. The successful candidate will have strong organizational and technical skills, demonstrate good customer service and communication and will be flexible in taking on various projects and assignments. The UNMMG Finance Department has a strong culture of teamwork and strives to support the mission of the organization through superior service, cooperation and integrity.
The following statements are intended to describe, in broad terms, the general functions and responsibility levels characteristic of positions assigned to this classification. They should not be viewed as an exhaustive list of the specific duties and prerequisites applicable to individual positions that have been so classified.
Performs basic accounting and administrative tasks in support of various Finance Department operational functions. Prepares and processes financial documents and transactions, reconciles financial records and analyzes routine financial data. Investigates and resolves routine problems related to expenditures, receivables and/or procurement practices. Handles procedural inquiries and corresponds with customers regarding required documentation and/or resolution of discrepancies. Assists in development and implementation of Finance operating policies and procedures and ensures adherence to those policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares and inputs financial data into finance and subsidiary systems.
- Prepares deposits of cash and cash-related items; balances cash funds and accounts to the financial reporting system.
- Reviews and initiates employee expense reimbursements for approval, ensuring that supporting documentation is provided and that requests conform to organizational policies and standard accounting practices.
- Provides input and assistance in the development and implementation of mechanisms and controls to ensure appropriate Purchasing and Accounts Payable processes, accurate vendor reporting, and maintenance of appropriate records.
- Issues and maintains purchase orders while monitoring procurement and accounts payable processes for compliance with established policies, regulations, procedures, and standards.
- Assists in the oversight of the UNMMG Procurement Card program.
- Maintains logs, enters and balances account data, and generates statistical reports as required.
- Evaluates invoice coding for appropriateness and conformity to organizational accounting standards.
- Responsible for drawing, verifying, and/or posting payment checks to appropriate vendors and/or agencies.
- Assists in tracking and maintaining documentation for vendor liability insurance and other related certifications where stipulated in agreements.
- Reviews/initiates vendor agreements and coordinates approval by legal, appropriate signature and delivery of executed documents.
- Prepares and maintains required records, files, and reports for Purchasing and Accounts Payable activities.
- Assists in the preparation and submission of necessary reports, such as 1099 Vendor Certificates, as required.
- Provides administrative and operational support to various technical and professional personnel.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
High school diploma or GED with at least 3 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified Verification of education and licensure (if applicable) will be required if selected for hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Basic data entry and word processing skills
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
- Skilled in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Knowledge of appropriate accounts payable documents, practices and standards.
- Ability to analyze vendor invoices and statements for appropriateness and resolve any noted discrepancies.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be employment eligible as verified by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA).
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Fingerprinting, and subsequent clearance, is required.
- Must provide proof of varicella & MMR immunity or obtain vaccinations within 90 days of employment.
- Must obtain annual influenza vaccination.
- If this position is assigned to a clinical area, successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-placement medical evaluation/health screen. Required N-95 mask fitting, testing, vaccinations to include annual TST, Tdap, and Hepatitis B will be determined based on location and nature of position.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- No or very limited physical effort required.