UNM Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at UNM Medical Group
UNMMG Financial Planning
$57,677 minimum- $72,097 midpoint, Annual Salary
# of Openings:
Position Class Code/Title: B4023 / Financial Analyst
FLSA : Exempt
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
UNM Medical Group, Inc. (UNMMG) is the practice plan organization for physicians and other medical providers associated with the UNM Health Sciences Center. UNM Medical Group, Inc. is a New Mexico non-profit corporation and is an equal opportunity employer. UNMMG offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as tuition assistance, paid leave and 403b retirement for benefits eligible employees.
The Financial Analyst is a key partner to the School of Medicine clinical departments to analyze provider productivity and department review cycle activities. The analyst is responsible for developing productivity and revenue budgets and rolling forecasts for departments and analyzing results against these plans. Strong presentation skills are required for monthly presentations of data and analyses. The analyst is also responsible for compiling billing data and building monthly reports routinely used by Health System leaders to guide decision-making.
The following statements are intended to describe, in broad terms, the general functions and responsibility levels characteristic of positions assigned to this classification. They should not be viewed as an exhaustive list of the specific duties and prerequisites applicable to individual positions that have been so classified.
Performs and/or oversees strategic, broad-impact financial analysis, reporting, and systems development for a major, multi-unit operating entity of the university. Leads and coordinates the design and implementation of financial/accounting/budget systems and reports. May develop and deliver financial and business training programs, as appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the design, documentation, and implementation of various integrated systems and applications for periodic and ad hoc financial reporting, utilizing complex electronic financial information from UNM systems and databases.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information from all components of the organizational entity, and develops integrated revenue/expense analyses, projections, reports, and presentations.
- Coordinates, compiles, and analyzes annual financial statements for the organization and its component units, utilizing complex spreadsheet and database applications.
- Collaborates with and coordinates all components of the organization to ensure consistent reporting and adherence to federal and state financial reporting regulations and guidelines, and conformity with university fiscal policies and procedures.
- Analyzes, designs, documents, and implements internal financial reporting systems and procedures for the organization or business entity.
- Designs, coordinates, and implements training programs for personnel within the organization and its components regarding the nature and application operating policies and procedures.
- Provides leadership, administrative management, and operational coordination to various technical, professional, and/or administrative personnel engaged in specified project activities, as appropriate to the position.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
Bachelor's degree with at least 3 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Verification of education and licensure will be required if selected for hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Ability to provide technical guidance and leadership to professional personnel in area of expertise.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
Database management skills.
Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
Ability to plan, implement, and administer financial information and control systems.
Knowledge of a range of automated financial systems and applications software.
Ability to compile, analyze, interpret, and present complex annual financial reports, statements, and/or projections.
Knowledge of Federal and State financial regulations.
Knowledge of the principles, processes, and standards for integrated financial analysis and reporting as related to a public institution.
Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops.
Conditions of Employment
Must be employment eligible as verified by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA).
Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
Fingerprinting, and subsequent clearance, is required.
Must provide proof of varicella & MMR immunity or obtain vaccinations within 90 days of employment.
Must obtain annual influenza vaccination.
If this position is assigned to a clinical area, successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-placement medical evaluation/health screen. Required N-95 mask fitting, testing, vaccinations to include annual TST, Tdap, and Hepatitis B will be determined based on location and nature of position.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
No or very limited physical effort required.